Everyone needs a break! It’s important to take time out for you and focus on a little rejuvenation and relaxation. You may not always be able to get to the spa or a fitness retreat so I’ve created eight great steps to creating your own at home wellness day. Taking care of your body and de-stressing are just as important as fitness and nutrition.
1. Make a game plan. Set out your schedule and follow it. Try starting with fitness in the morning and ending with the pampering aspects. A sample wellness day could look something like this: 8am Invigorating Cardio, 9am Strength Training, 12noon Healthy Lunch, 1pm Yoga, 2pm Do It Yourself Hand and Foot Massage or Soak, 3pm Do It Yourself Body Scrub or Tub Soak, 4pm Rinse or Shower and Moisturize, 4:30pm Healthy Snack, 5pm Rest and Relax, plan for your next At Home Wellness Day.
2. Fitness. Invigorate your body, get your heart pumping and strengthen and tone muscles with fitness. Pick a fitness class you’ve never tried before or choose one that you know you love but haven’t participated in for a while. Mixing it up can help keep it fresh and new for your mind and your body. Plus, make sure to make your At Home Wellness Day special and different.
3. Incorporate Healthy Meals. Let’s go all the way for this health and wellness day. Make sure to eat healthy too! Skip the fast food and check out your local organic grocer. If you’re not into cooking, you can also plan out your meals or make sure you have healthy take out in mind. Lay off of the refined carbs and stick to lean protein, fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy fats. Salads loaded with vegetables, nuts and seeds are a great way to incorporate many healthy goodies in one meal.
4. Mind Body. Relax, refresh and renew your mind and body! Add in some mind body time. Try a yoga class, pilates mat or even meditation to rejuvenate your mind and completely relax your body. Let the stress leave your body as you breathe, let go and unwind.
5. Body Time. Time to treat your body right! Give yourself a hand and foot massage or soak, book a massage with an at home massage therapist or body treatment or utilize a Jacuzzi and/or steam room. Pamper your body and release toxins to add to your wellness day.
6. Relax. Take a few minutes for you that are specifically for you and are free from noise. Turn your cell phone off and enjoy at least 15 minutes of complete silence without phones, computers or TV. Relaxing without distractions can be beneficial for your mind. You’ll be able to think clearly and focus on yourself.
7. Schedule. Plan your next at home wellness day. To keep up with the benefits from your relaxing day, you’ll need to make sure you continue your regimen. Schedule a health and wellness day at least once a month. Adding it into your planner just as you would a business meeting can help you stick to your plan.